Sunday, February 5, 2017

Side Project: Bandai Star Wars C-3PO WIP + Completed model

In this article I want to introduce you guys awersome Bandai Star Wars kit C-3PO. I must say that after all gundams this was pretty much refreshing experience. So much fun with whis protocol droid xD Anyway this article contains usuall stuff from me: from unboxing through snap-fit and little customs and some final touch ups xD Have fun!



I received this awesome Star Wars Bandai Kit from my Mother in law on Christmas of course with little help from my lovely Wife. This kit was long time on my wish list and I really wanted to touch this protocol droid with my own hands xD So at first big thank you both!

UNBOXING Shining C-3PO


Very stylish Star Wars box as usuall from Bandai with some basic informations. You just cant resist shine xD


When I first look at side of the box I was instantly impressed with amount of details.


Hell yeah I must buy R2-D2 as well xD. At the end I want to reach similar resutls as we can see on this picture. Love the pipes in stomach xD


So much shine maan, I mean gold and silver runners are sooo shinyyy. My precious xD So many tiny tiny parts. Runner A contains various colors in the same runner. Other runners are gold and silver and we also have a runner with stand and polycaps runner for joints.


My precious xD Every piece contain a high amount of details and  it is a loyal imitation of original C-3PO.


BUILD

At first I was higly impressed with amount of details and secondly all nubs are undergated, which is pretty awersome, because when we snap all parts together we barely cant see any nub-marks. Pretty straight forward build and I must say it was so much fun xD
 

But this kit also has some little issues. Some tiny parts does not fit well, so they need to be glued. Articulation is terrible, but at the other hand design of C-3PO does not support high articulation. You need to work with tiny parts softly because they are so fragile and tiny. But beside of that: really great looking  kit.


CUSTOM TOUCH-UPPS

I wanted to add some little cosmetic touch-upps for some additional realism. At first I glued all fragile tiny parts. Then I hand-painted little cables in stomach. I used Tamiya X-2 White, Tamiya X-12 Gold Leaf and Schmincke Aero Color 28 306 brilliant red.


Then I used Tamiya X-27 Clear red for some light-like effect on the back piece. and Sharpie Gold permanent marker for some gold details.


Then I applied Tamiya black Accent Color for some panel-lining. On the picture under we can see difference between hand with panel-lining and without. Such a difference right ? This step added some realism and something like dirt between small tiny seams.


I really like pooping details after I applied panel-lining. After that I use some Zippo Benzin for removing some excess and finger-prints. Then I used some Tamiya panel-line accent color for some chipping dirt. This step added some additional realism as well.


As the final touch-upp I added some silver stickers as back of the eyes. This step added some additional bright to eyes. Original eyes was a little bit dark xD


COMPLETED MODEL

So much fun with this model. With some touch-upps we can easily archieve results like that. Iam hightly impressed and happy with the results. Now its time for some final photos xD






No comments:

Post a Comment