Saturday, June 25, 2016

How to made easy Snail painting sticks stand by Apfro Gunpla


I always hate idea that I must buy something that I can build with my own hands. Its always pleasure to create or even devise something xD Not a big deal, but I want to share this little painting sticks stand with you guys xD I call it a Snail stand xD I built some painting sticks before, but they were big and clumsy. I was thinking about idea how to build small, stable and sturdy stand, which we can build quickly and easily and after some time I found out something xD  Really fun and quick to build. Want to share my idea with you guys, hope this helps. Check this out xD



You will need only a few things: cardboard box, rest from adhesive tape (paper rounded rest), paper glue, adhesive tape, knife, ruler, pencil, scissors. At first we need to prepare paper rounded rest from Tapes and adhesive tape. (this step is only for style xD) I cut same sized pieces of tape and then I paste them on rounded paper rest.


One by one I tape more and more pieces of tape until I reach required look like on last picture. This is something like base holder for core xD


Now its time for cut some cartboard stripes. Thickness of cardboard: I always cut them 0,5 cm less than the thickness of rounded rest from tape. We need a few pieces xD


Snail time xD Make some pretty and tight snail with cardboard and then stick it with some transparent tape.


Add more and more cardboard snail strips until we reach size of rounded tape rest. Be sure to always tape end with tape xD Tape this Tape (TTT xD) I call this core xD


Put core into holder. Be sure that you have tight connection. Then cut rounded part of cardboard with same size like core.


Glue rounded cardboard a lot and then attach it with core. When connection is not enough put glue also between core and rounded part and although this is not enough put some things between core and rounded part ( toothpicks, small wood parts, runner parts, MG Thunderbolt Zaku xD, etc.)


And there we have them xD Cute little rounded snail painting sticks for your gunplas xD They are tiny, stable, sturdy and my best feature: you can separate your colour schemes quite easily by sticking parts with same colors in same snail-stands xD For example in snail-stander under I prepared parts witch will be painted by Gold color later. This feature save us from making mistakes in the future like paint parts with another color.


Little Reminder for color choosment sticked in this snail-stand.


My current project - RG Wing Gundam Zero EW, some of the parts rdy for painting xD


Hope this article / tutorial will help you guys, good luck with painting projects xD



No comments:

Post a Comment