Sunday, February 21, 2016

Review of Tamiya Modelers knife


Maybe I was too good, because before some time I received for my birthday this awesome Tamiya tool, without which I can not imagine my Gunpla building now xD Before I cutted package like wolverine I took some photos for you guys xD




Some pretty nice regular Tamiya package here with some basic informations on the back. Package came with 25 replaceable knifes,  knife itself and lid for knife. Knifes are from OLFA, same for Knife xD Seems to be like Tamiya just paint this knife to black colour, OLFA have yellow colour xD


Here all all unassebled parts, main plastic body of knife, metall holder with nice grip, 25 replaceable knifes and knife lid for better protection. Everything had very high quality and feels good in hands.



Lets talk about our first use of this product, how we can replace knife ? At first we must unscrew metall holder, this knife has decent number of turns for secure holding the knife itself. Inner plastic consists of notch for knife.


Now ist time for preparing our first blade. Blades are from mark called OLFA. Package came with 25 blades, but after we use them all we can easily buy more blade from Tamiya or from OLFA. Blades are called Art knifes Replacement blades. Blades are really really sharp when I comare they with my old ones xD.


Carefully put your blade into one of two notches. You can decide xD.


After screwing metall holder our Tamiya Modelers knife is readdy to action. Overall feeling of this knife is very good, lets talk about features.



Blades are really sharp and angle of blade help us with better cutting, I mean only the angle of this thing help me quite a bit, now I dont have to push so hard, in addition blades hold position into knife pretty well and nothing move.


Nice white logo of Tamiya with inscription of Craft tools category.


Here we can see that this knife is actually from company called OLFA and they are only fot finest work xD


This little peg help us with dont rolling of knife of the table every time when we leave it on the table. Very nice feature.


Usefull thing here, knifes cup for protection of you and for another pieces. Fits very well xD


Package also included OLFA spare blades container with 25 blades already inside and we have place for used blades nex to those. Little hole at the top is intended for this.



I dont want to write here much about that, just short comparison with my old knife and why this Knife is the usefull tool at your collection. Knife is much sharper with better angle and hold position well. Grip at metall holder is much better, feels good in hands and wholesquared  plastic body feels fine. Peg help with holding postiton on the table and we can find blade where we left it xD Plastic cup help us with better protection and storage.


I highly recomended this knife for Gunpla modelling, when You thinking about buying new blade, this is for sure for you. I can say that now I will not have to look for another. Hope this review help us Gunpla modelers xD



After one month of use I must say that this knife is awersome. I mean when you want quality hobby knife for your hobby buy this one. Replaceable knife hold position and don`t move. Blade stay sharp even after one month of use.

No comments:

Post a Comment