Wednesday, March 16, 2016

How to make base painting stick stand for your gunpla


I decide to made this base for Alligator sticks after some painting and panel-linings for my Gundams. I figured out that pieces which I work with needs some organized place for resting and for drying. I searched about bases on internet and shops, but after some time I decided to made mine own Base Painting Stick Stand, which fits my imagination xD Next picture showing us what exactly I talking about xD






TOOLS WE WILL NEED:
1. Cardboard (better with big holes xD)
2. Ruler, Pencil
3. Sharp knife
4. Tape (transparent or another types)
5. Glue

Next pictures show us how to easy make Base stand for your painting sticks. At first we will need some carton board, I used box from my fiancees wedding dress xD



Its good when we made some sketch with sizes at first. I choose this ones, but size of box is completely on you. We will need one base rectangle (12x25 cm), two small rectangles (12x4 cm) and finally two long rectangles (25x4 cm).


After that we must sketch our dimensions on cardboard, watch out for right angles xD


For cutting Iam trying to use my hobby knife at first, but cartboard is too coarse. Its better to use big unboxing knife for that xD


And there is a result, ready for another step xD


For connection I choose combination of white and transparent tapes, but this is completely on you.


Reinforcements with transparent tape xD


Now we have base completed, time for some cutting.


For the next step we must choose cardboard with bigger holes, which fits for our Alligator Stick Clips better.


Now its time for some cutting xD I must say this rectagles took me more time as I tough xD Size 3,8x11,8 cm. 80 units in my case xD xD xD


Before aplying glue its good to try how many rectangle unit we will need.


Glue time baby xD


More glue baby xD


Detail on completed and glued base painting stick stand for your gunpla. Time to try this thing xD



Some pictures in action. Base came up pretty good and Iam proud on myself that I was able to made something like that xD Base is pretty heavy, thanks to many rectangle units, so no problem with balance issues xD Now I have place for all my resting and drying pieces. But I must say that one base like this is not enough, so in future I must make one or two more xD


For first time I used base for my RG ZGok, helps me too much with panel-lining and hand-painting.


Some detail look at base with painted claws of RG ZGok.


No comments:

Post a Comment