Friday, February 19, 2016

How to make your own Alligator Clip Painting Sticks


After watching some paintings, panel-linings and some custom works on Gundams I decide that I must have same accessories for sure xD One of this things are  Alligator Clip a.k.a. Painting Sticks for gripping your parts without touching them with hands of fingers. So I slowly searched for all necessary components for this build xD I just ordered some nice looking Alligator Clips (25 pieces, 4 Eur) and bought Barbecue sticks from my local shop (25 pieces, 3Eur), everything cost me only 7 Eur for 25 pieces. For my Alligator Clips-style we will also need some tape.




I show You guys how I made my own-style Alligator clips, I didnt say that these are the best or something like that, I just want to share these with You xD. So, STEPs 1 and 2 are not nessesary, I just cut off 5 cm of stick, because 30 cm  seemed to me too much, so I decide 25 like optimal xD. My alligator clips have rounded shape of ending and one screw. After examination of shaping I decided to cut last 1,5 cm in half (STEPs 3 and 4). Then I puted some tape (circa 5 cm) around end of stick for better holding in clip ( STEP 5).


Final shape of stick with tape around ( STEPs 6 and 7) fits right into the hole of Clip xD. Final step is just wring the screw ( STEP 8) and our Alligator Clips are done ( STEP 9 ) xD


Be prepared that this build will take you some time, it is repeating process and some patient will help you with this xD Some woodcutting here xD


Finished stick is really nice, Alligator clip hold position really tight and strong, there is no way to move this thing xD Your painting clips are now rdy to action and they will hold many interesting parts in the future xD


When I think about amount of sticks now I came to that this is not enough for sure xD In the future I must build much more, but now I know that this style fits me.


Testing finished Alligator clips with torso part of my RG ZGok xD Pretty tight and secure, I have good feeling about that xD


All alligator clips are now stored for future builds, Panel-linings, Paintings and modifications. Hope this tutorial will help you guys xD


No comments:

Post a Comment